gCADPlus is developing at quite a rapid pace. As upgrades are free of charge, we encourage you to upgrade your copy in order to gain the benefits of new versions. It is a good idea to keep an eye on the gCADPlus Facebook page for the latest information. See https://www.facebook.com/gCADPlus/
How to upgrade gCADPlus. [The movie covers Windows 7 and version 5 of gCADPlus, but the process is the same for later versions of gCADPlus]
Steps to take when upgrading gCADPlus:
1. Use the About gCADPlus box found on the Help drop down menu to check the current release number of your copy of gCADPlus against the version currently available for download. If you would like to read about the changes made to gCADPlus, here is a link to the version history of gCADPlus: http://www.plus.designcad.com.au/?q=node/71
2. Make sure that you can find the original email with details of the user name and activation code for gCADPlus. There is just a chance that you may have to re-enter those.
3. Make sure that you have a backup copy of your complete
store of CAD drawings. See http://www.plus.designcad.com.au/?q=node/69
for more information about backing up drawings and protecting your work. Tip: Make sure that the backup includes any .gcp files that you may have created, especially those in the folder gCADPlusXXX under the My Documents or Documents folder.
4. Uninstall the existing version of gCADPlus via 'All Programs', selecting the Uninstall option via the Windows Start button. This can also be done via Control Panel (right click on the Windows 10 logo at bottom left of screen).
After removal of gCADPlus, check that the gCADPlus folder in My Documents folder has also been removed. If not, delete it.
5. Visit the downloads page of the gCADPlus web site (www.plus.designcad.com.au
) and download the new version of gCADPlus. Select either the .exe or .7z format. Some virus protection software may block exe files. If so download in .7z format. You will need a copy of 7Zip to unzip the 7z file. Just search for 7Zip in your browser. [7Zip is free software.] Store the file in your downloads folder, the desktop or a local folder on the C: drive such as C:\Temp and install (run) it. You should not need to enter information on user name and access code again. If you do, you have made sure they are at hand before removing your current copy of gCADPlus!
Tip: Some new features of gCADPlus may not work if you fail to uninstall your existing copy before installing the new version.