If you are time poor and don't wish to read slabs of descriptive text, start with this link. Using short YouTube movies, the link page shows how a design for a rear garden is created from start to finish using gCADPlus. No reading is required, just watch and learn.
The gCADPlus User Guide
For your convenience, each chapter in the guide is listed separately below. Chapters contain embedded links to YouTube movies that allow for an interactive learning experience.
- Working with gCADPlus (the drawing interface and how to create landscape CAD plans)
- Draw with gCADPlus (a focus on using the draw commands in gCADPlus. Design a logo and complete a design from start to finish)
- Using entity snaps to aid precision (place new design information by building on existing geometry)
- Handling text (using CAD and Windows text)
- Managing line weights (improving the presentation of landscape drawings)
- Managing linetypes (adding lines with different characteristics to landscape plans)
- Modify Designs (editing drawings)
- Printing drawings from layout space (printing drawings from layout space to fixed scales)
- Automating drafting tasks (the gCADPlus drop down menu for automated drafting)
- The Tools menu (using specialist drafting tools and settings)
- List of commands (how to use each command - alphabetic order)
The full gCADPlus User Guide is available as an e-book in PDF form. To download it, click on the image below.
***After downloading, please use Acrobat Reader to view PDF files below. Browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge may not allow the embedded movies to play.***